Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Coming off one of the worst nights of my life...

and it was after one of the most pleasant days in recent history, too. That makes it doubly bad.

First - my day - yesterday. Monday. Back when things looked rosy, pure, and hopeful. I went to Karly's - which was great. Her house is SO cute and put together and always makes me feel inspired to get my act together and put together my unfinished rooms. The kids got along well... they adored baby Nolan... who is the cutest thing... Karly went to the grocery store and got me all my favorite things after reading my blog post from a couple of days ago... we spent at least 2 hours just drooling over paper crafts projects and Donna Downey's book. It was heavenly.

But poor little Ms. R was coughing all day long. And once we got home, it just got worse. She was doing okay until she got overly tired... and then the helpless crying, vomiting, and restless non-sleep-filled night began. I felt so helpless, I couldn't do anything to comfort her. And believe me I tried. It was a 6-hour Caillou marathon (thank goodness for our cable DVR thing that has allowed me to accumulate 6 solid hours of Caillou playable upon demand).

We went to the doctor today - and of course, there's nothing more I can do for her but sit tight and ride it out. At least she's been sleeping this afternoon. She's running a high fever, even after taking the Motrin, but I guess her body is conducting it's only special warfare on this virus.

I hate it when they're sick.

3 comments:

AtomicArt1 said...

Awww, poor thing...I hope she's feeling better today!

Anonymous said...

Oh. Poor little bean! That's the bad sicky kid thing. I prefer the "barely sick" kid thing, where they're just a little lethargic and don't mind cuddling with you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cat,
You said such nice things!! We loved having you over. So sorry about ms. r. Can't wait to see what you do with your living room. Go turquoise!! :)
I'll let you know when all your goodies arrive...
k.