These are the words straight out of my little girl's mouth this morning. They are happily sitting at the new desk in their room and coloring together. Sharing crayons. Dividing the coloring books equally and peacefully.
It's one of those rare Mommy moments that I revel in. They are getting along. They are sharing a dream. They are copying me!
For a while now, they have been creating little cubbyholes around the house, surrounding themselves with art supplies, and calling it their "studio". Sometimes they scrapbook. Sometimes they just color. Sometimes they create "fashion books" and design dresses for Hilary Duff to wear in her next video.
Have I mentioned that they are 3 and 5?
But I know that they watch and absorb so much. And since Mommy spends long hours in her studio... that's now a beautifully fun part of their pretend-play too. I am so thankful that there is one gift that I feel that I can give them... art. In whatever form and medium they choose to create with.
I get art. I may not get jazzed by volleyball or running or jujitsu or skiing... but I get jazzed by art in so many forms. Yeah, okay. I can do this inspirational Mom thing. I will be remembered. Art will be our thing.
1 comment:
What a cute story! Speaking of kids absorbing the things we do without thinking, my sister told me today that Karl sent her an e-mail that included a (sigh) - written out just like that! He likes to watch me compose e-mails sometimes. And apparently he's paying attention! *sigh*
Post a Comment