Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Soundtrack of my youth...



Like gag me with a spoon...
Totally tripendicular...
He's such a babe...

If you recognize any of these phrases, then you might relate to the song list below.

Mirror In The Bathroom... The English Beat
Ship Of Fools... Erasure
Oh L'Amour... Erasure
Love Plus One... Haircut 100
What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)... Information Society
The One Thing... INXS
Too Shy... Kajagoogoo
I Melt With You... Modern English (still my FAVE)
Always Something There To Remind Me... Naked Eyes
Ceremony... New Order
State of the Nation... New Order
A Million Miles Away... The Plimsouls
Love My Way... Psychedelic Furs
The One I Love... REM
Blues Before and After... The Smithereens
Blister In The Sun... Violent Femmes
Don't Go... Yaz
Only You... Yaz

My best friend from high school, Shelley, just sent me a CD with all these songs. How is it that we spent nearly every waking moment together and I have hardly any photos? Well, at least my girls will have photos aplenty to document their embarassing hairstyles, poor fashion choices, loser boyfriends, and other teenage memories. Hmm... on second thought, maybe less is more.

To my favorite Valley Girl, I send my undying love, and like, come back soon, ya know?

I miss you, Shell! I've got to fly South for the winter and come see you!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... I seem to remember some of those. I trade the occasional email with Shel though it has been a long time since I've seen her. I like the pics Catherine!

Mark

Anonymous said...

If you go visit her, take your sunglasses. Removing yourself from the dark and dreary bathtub into the glorious sunlight could kill you. I'm just sayin'.

Oh, and shake off the slugs before boarding the ship, will ya? Those things really shouldn't be exported.

English Beat, Erasure . . .swoon!

Lara Neves said...

I loved, and still love, every song on your list. No wonder I like you. :)
Oh...and I'm blogging my tag from you now...