I did not inherit a cleaning gene from anyone. Possibly because it is missing in our genetic code - is it the Swedish side? I don't know. But I am not a naturally creative cleaner. I can see a product and think, "Hey, that sounds good" but it doesn't actually work like it does on the commercials. It must be partially operator error.
I remember how shattered I was when I found out those Scrubbing Bubbles guys didn't actually come out of the bottle. *&@#% Fraudulent advertising. Because I still had to do all the scrubbing - and there were no sparkles residing in my tub. Just the dull gummy ring to scrub over and over and over and over... well you get the picture.
I was mildly interested in the whole organic thing - vinegar, baking soda, club soda, etc. But that requires a major chart of where to use what. Again, the genetics conspire against me.
I will say that I have found my secret weapon. Microfiber. I don't know how it works - but I spent maybe 15 minutes on my glass shower walls last night - and they, dare I say, sparkled. We have hard water, so that's no small accomplishment.
I *heart* microfiber! If I have another child, I would seriously consider naming them Microfiber. Well, at least as a middle name. Jehosophat Microfiber Campbell. Has a certain ring to it, don't ya think?
4 comments:
rofl! i'm with ya! where did u find this microfiber stuff?
i don't clean much.. whY? the cleaning agents usually give me a terrible headache. lol seriously they do! the only thing i've found that really doesn't is Pine Sol.
Microfiber? As in a cleaning supply? And it works? Where can I find it?
I have those same genes, obviously.
Yep, me, you and Jehsophat - plagued by the same genetic code, apparently. Where does one find the microfiber? My shower is a scary, scary thing right now!
ever since I mixed amonia and chlorine together to clean my bathroom, I have been a terrible cleaner..boy those fumes..thank god there wasn't a lighter around. When I woke up, I thought I shoulda paid more attention in chem class when they outlined the dangers of Amonium chloride!
Love your blog
Post a Comment