Monday, November 07, 2005

My favorite things... today


Went to a Stamp Camp yesterday at Virginia's house - it was really fun! My favorite project was a crayon-resist... I will definitely have to try that again.

Feeling like Martha lately... I solved my musty closet problem by storing my extra box of Bounce in there... smells FRESH! Cleaned out the laundry room, we took a bunch of stuff to GoodWill... I can now park in the garage again! Yay!! Just in time for the rainy season.

I get to work in T's class today - which is always fun. I love to listen to her participate in class - that is definitely one of my favorite things. And she's reading so well - I can't believe it!! She's reading 2nd grade books and taking the AR quizzes to earn points. Right now - T and R are both playing "Library" in the playroom - with the cash register scanner. When I was little, we used the date stamp to play Library... now they have to *scan* their books to check them out.



My other favorite thing is Gilmore Girls.... of course! I have just found a couple of new friends that love GG, too - so that made my day.

I feel silly being addicted to a TV show - but it could be worse. And tomorrow night - Jess is back! Mmmmmmmmm.... should be interesting. I just hope Rory and Lorelai work things out - and soon. My friend, Jill, assures me that the old mother-daughter closer-than-sisters relationship was unnatural and this is far more realistic. But who wants realistic? If I wanted reality - I could watch any number of contrived reality shows. Give me clever dialogue, simple plot twists in a quaint Connecticut town and I'm SO happy! Guess it goes right along with the fact that the Mitford books by Jan Karon are my favorites, too!

Things are looking pretty good so far for a Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Cat, love that crayon resist technique! I would love to see how you did that to make you own background paper.... love those stamps you used too. They look beautiful. I love your blog site.... keep in touch. You expo friend that met you with Cathy..... Shannon Go HUSKIES!