Thursday, October 27, 2005

The obsession continues...


This is a layout I did a couple of weeks ago... I had a few hours to scrap last night, had to work on some DT stuff for ScrapTalk. I am *dying* to get back to working on Riley's baby book! It's a huge mental burden... I MUST finish it - and SOON. *Sigh* So much to scrap, so little time!







Tomorrow, I'm going to my first scrapbooking convention! I'm kind of nervous... I'm not really going with anyone tomorrow. I know I'll probably meet a few people - notably, Cathy Z at her Backstage Party! I'm going to have her autograph a copy of her book for me... I don't feel like too much of a stalker for asking for an autograph in a book - LOL!

I have been working with a scrapbooking mentor, and based on some of her views on the industry trends, I have decided to go back to multiple photo/12x12 layouts. I think those are more suited to my ultimate goal of having meaningful family albums. Of course, that could all change after I see Cathy Z's new stuff. I guess I don't have to pin myself down to one format or another.

Here's hoping I make it through the CK Convention and come away with great new ideas and not spend too much money (yeah, right!). I'm looking forward to meeting some Peas, some Pink Ladies, and other scrapbooking addicts like me!

5 comments:

souper said...

Have fun sweetie!

Lara Neves said...

Have bunches of fun at the convention! You are gonna love it...and you can breathe a bit easier...I'm so impressed with how hard you worked on the Pubster dinner...I SO wish I could come. Maybe next year I'll go as an excuse to also visit my brother in Seattle. :)

Sue said...

Can't wait to meet you too :) You have done an awesome job on arranging the dinner! I am going alone too so don't be too nervous because I think a lot of us are.

I hear you on the 12x12 multiple photo layouts - they seem to have staying power (look at BH). I seem to have shifted back to those lately too - my last ten layouts have all been that format.

Sherri said...

Have a great time at the convention! Love the page you posted.

Anonymous said...

see you there on Saturday!

and... i'm going to have to pin you down and give you an ear-full on the whole 12x12 multiple picture thing. ;) jk.