Sunday, October 30, 2005

The *asterisk* girls...



Couldn't have pulled the PUB dinner off without **Rosy**, sara*w, and *karly*!

I'm still glowing and remembering silly things I said that I wished I could take back. I hate saying dumb things. Guess it's all part of my *charm*. I'm lucky that I have a few good pals that stick with me even with my foot in my mouth.

Some reflections on the evening...

- Desiree Swanson is the MOST amazing photographer... I was lucky enough to see some of her GORGEOUS pics... *drool*... - Gina and Renee' are so CUTE... totally identical... it was fun to talk to you girls! AND Congrats to Gina for winning the Scrapworks LO contest! - Kate Teague has the crazy, wild side I didn't know about... she *made* Tia autograph her arm (photos to follow) TIA!! I knew I'd like you... but I didn't know that you'd laugh at my jokes! I *heart* you for that - Kah-Mei is lovely... and her pp is lovely, too Note to LSS... MUST start carrying FontWerks pp immediately!! - Carol (giraffemom) had the coolest Book of Ten... but I'm still steamed at you, sweetie, for not introducing yourself at Cathy's party... stomp, stomp... oh, you know I can't stay mad at you - Rhonda is beautiful and sweet - thank you so much for laughing at my jokes... that was beyond gracious - Rachel and Brookes... you guys are awesome! I am still trying to figure out what Rachel was trying to tell me about zipping all the files... she's my new technical guru! - I love Alissa's mom! And now we've sucked her into the world of scrapbooking. Alissa - I'm totally serious about e-mailing the *minute* you find out someone cool is coming to your store!! - Sue... you ROCK! I love how easy you are to talk to, and you're a darn good TA for rescuing my camera!! - Jane, so glad you came, sorry we didn't visit more! - Kate Thaete... you are unbelievably sweet! I want to come to one of your classes soon. Melissa - you're my new hero. Consider me your stalker from this point forward... Although - you may have some competition in Karen Burniston... I totally loved Karen's class, and I heard that I didn't even take the *best* one that Karen taught... so I am going to try and absorb some of Karen's mojo. My definition of Karen: Grace Under Pressure. My favorite thing Sheila said all weekend was, "I'm not sick, I'm just pregnant." (on me commenting that I was impressed she was at the Convention while being 36 weeks)



Now it's back to reality. I didn't realize how much I missed my little girls until we were all snuggling in bed this morning. THEY are the reason I scrapbook. Not the beautiful paper, not the amazing friends I'm making, not to get published... I want it to all be for them. I love you, T & R!

3 comments:

AtomicArt1 said...

:)

That dinner was a *great* time!! It was like getting together with old friends. Cat, you did an **amazing** job pulling it all off! I look forward to getting together with everyone again *soon*.

AtomicArt1 said...

Oops, that last post was by **me**, not my blue-faced husband!

Anonymous said...

man - wished I could have been there, too!;0) Can't wait to meet you, Cat!
~Dagmar