
A friend gave us 5 tickets to the Mariners game today... we gleefully partook in the Great American Pastime: Eating junk food.
Blech! I hate having a sugar hangover...
The game was fun - the boys rallied a couple of times - but the Rangers still outscored us 4 to 2. Taryn has an interest in baseball, which is cool. She can follow the game, even though she wouldn't want to play the game at this point in her life. Her little friend, Noelle, was entertained with the kettle corn, licorice, peanuts, Skittles, and lemonade... and all the vendors walking the stairs bringing enticing them with their forbidden delicacies like cotton candy and fondue skewers.
Yes, you read correctly. Fondue skewers. Strawberries and banana slices on a stick, covered in chocolate. The concessions are strictly upscale in Seattle.
Thomas, of course, had to get a heart attack special: Chili cheese fries. Ugh! I am very weary of what the evening will bring forth after those chili cheese fries...
Noelle scanned the crowd, did some quick calculations, and proclaimed "There are a trillion people here - or maybe even a billion." Seems about right... Riley wanted to know how many points the black team scored - the black team was the umpires. And Taryn's highlight was the 7th Inning Stretch. She just loves that song. And she was quick to tell Riley not to plan a potty break when Ichiro might be batting - because "he's actually good". How quickly they learn!
I kept myself amused by watching people with copious amounts of junk food scale the stairways in varying conditions of sobriety and motor function. A good time was had by all!
1 comment:
Hi you baseball fans,
Loved the picture and all the descriptions of the junk food, especially the skewers. Neat that Taryn likes baseball. I used to go to the games with my Dad and we always bought the book (can't think of the name for it) but it had pages to keep score in it and I would keep score with all the symbols and marks. What a fun time for the family together. I am going to try and check in more often--have been remiss and so got caught up yesterday and today and will keep current. Love to you all, Grandma Billie
Post a Comment