Thursday, June 08, 2006

She DID it!

I am still brimming with pride... nay, it's fair to say that I'm giddy... after seeing the way-way-off-Broadway production of BUGZ! starring none other than my own dear Taryn.


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, katydids and katydads... in a landmark performance as Monarch Butterfly #5... our own redheaded sweetheart.

Considering that this is actually the FIRST time she has been able to be up in front of people without freaking out, bolting, crying, hiding, etc. She picked a good time to come out of the chrysalis! Speaking parts... 5 production number songs... she fluttered thru the program effortlessly.

If I didn't know any better, I would wonder who this imposter is. But I have compared dental records - and she is, indeed, still Taryn. We did have some dress-rehearsal jitters accompanied by a tantrum on Tuesday morning. But today - Nada. Zip. Zilcho. Yippee!!


I'm not ready to sign with an agent yet, mind you... she's not diving into Drama Camp anytime in the near future. But, she did enjoy the experience. And because of her participation, she's not flunking out of Kindergarten as I had feared at the beginning of the year. (hee hee)

The Stink Bugs of course, got to steal the show... and I would swear that the Army Ants had WAY more lines... but we'll just overlook those little issues. Maybe I'm fortunate that I won't really have to be a showbiz Mom and sabotage the other kids' costumes with superglue and itching powder.

I will just leave you with a few choice morsels of the play... some lyrics from "Be A Lady" (LadyBUG)

If someone treats you rough
And life is kinda tough
You think you've had enough
But, be a lady!

If someone isn't kind
And friends are hard to find
You just say nevermind
And be a lady!

Be a lady
Whoa-o-o
Be a lady
Whoa-o-o
Be a lady - That's what I am!

If someone isn't nice
Their heart's as cold as ice
Well, just take my advice
And be a lady!

If someone hurts your pride
You'd like to run and hide
You just keep dignified
And be a lady!

Be a lady... whoa-o-o
Be a lady... whoa-o-o
Be a lady! That's what I am!

When all you see are dots
Complexion's full of spots
Remember all you've got
And be a lady!

When all your friends have fled
And all you see is red
Just keep a level head
And be a lady!

Be a lady... whoa-o-o
Be a lady... whoa-o-o
Be a lady! That's what I am!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Taryn!!!! and yay Cat! :)
That is just so awesome! You GO girls...

AtomicArt1 said...

She is too cute in those butterfly wings! Way to go, Taryn!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! She looks so perfect! Good job, Taryn! Conquering fears is a good thing.