Have you ever noticed that much of life's enjoyment consists in how you interpret the trivial events and details of your day?
For example: I took the girls to a Strawberry Farm this morning to pick berries. I had to use the coughcough*facilities*coughcough during our visit. I must say that the technology of HoneyBuckets (porta-potties - or outhouses depending on where you live) has vastly improved. Upon entering said HoneyBucket, I steeled myself for the aroma that would certainly greet me upon first inhaled breath... but no need. It smelled faintly of Wild Raspberry Rain - or some other Glade scent. It was downright pleasant. Well, I'm choosing to view it as pleasant. (refer to opening statement)
Another example: I received an e-mail notifying me that I won $100 as a Runner-Up in the Creative Imaginations contest. Now - I could easily choose to be an ungrateful wench about the $10,000 Grand Prize that I didn't win. But, I'm a civilized person. I don't need to throw a tantrum. I will gratefully clutch my $100 prize and spend it gleefully.
Also - we have an 8-foot pool in our backyard. The girls are enjoying it immensely. Almost as much as they would enjoy a full-sized pool. It really doesn't take much to create a lot of joy for kids. That, my friends, is something to learn from. A huge life lesson to gird your loins - or something like that.
No topical photos to post... just a couple from our photoshoot at Emages yesterday!


2 comments:
Great perspective!
Cute, cute photos too!! I love the missing teeth and matching outfits. Too cute. :)
Just as a small tidbit...it's a 9 foot pool if that makes you feel even better!
Love you hon....funny.....a little personal with the bathroom talk...a little on the edge for you....I'm so proud!
Post a Comment