are so so so good for you! And they often happen for me while I watch Gilmore Girls. The BEST written show on the planet. Of all time. Well, perhaps *Cheers* had some merit way back when... and M*A*S*H, which you have to admire just for the asterisks.
But seriously... the writers of Gilmore Girls, primarily Amy Sherman Paladino... well they ROCK!
Lorelai: "Michel (the French guy) how long will you be doing that?" (he's bouncing up and down)
Michel:"I just found out the organic dairy down the street has been mixing up the lid colors - I've been drinking 2 percent milk for the last two weeks instead of nonfat. I've consumed an extra billion calories."
Lorelai:"I'm glad that extra fat consumption hasn't interfered with your ability to do math"
Lorelai's father:"Have you been to South Dakota? The most boring state in America? I swear when I flew in, one of the faces of Mt. Rushmore yawned."
Lorelai's mother:"Will you at least promise to keep your comedy set at my funeral under 5 minutes?"
Lorelai's father:"This hotel, the finest in South Dakota supposedly... it smells like feet."
Lorelai:"What kind of errands is it? Shopping, banking, hardware store? Is it dealing in human trafficking, because I'm a very good people person"
Lorelai:"That's not a car, it's a rap video set"
Lorelai's mother:"I'm not paying extra for bullet-proof windows, I haven't been straifed in years"
Lorelai:"The sun can't find you under that hat. If Frosty the Snowman had that hat, he'd be living in Miami right now"
Now - some of those you have to hear in context... but seriously, this series is divinely funny. We're at the end of Season 6... 6 sublimely entertaining seasons. All conveniently available on DVD. And no, I don't get any kind of kick-back... I just want other people to be able to sit around with me and say "Remember that time when Lorelai and Rory..."
2 comments:
I too LOVE Gilmore Girls!!! Did you hear the news that Amy and her husband will not be back for the next season and it may be the last season? I just got hooked last year, they can't take it away so soon. I am aleady loosing West Wing this year! check out gilmoregirls.org and looked under news for the story.....
Those are some pretty good lines...I think you might have convinced me to get it on DVD.
Post a Comment