I got a glimpse today of my future. And it wasn't pretty. Being the mother of 2 girls seemed like an easy lot in life. I chuckle behind my friends' backs when they report of the mischief caused by their male progeny... trips to the ER, mystery fungal growth beneath their beds, and all manner of bodily noises displayed like a recital.
But now I know who will have the last laugh.
As those boys slowly mature into laid-back, easy-going young men... my girls will be coming into their own birthright as the next generation of Drama Queens. At the slightest provocation Dr. Jekyll becomes Mr. Hyde and the whole family is sent into uproar.
They are only 3 and 5. THEY ARE ONLY 3 AND 5!
Riley had a complete meltdown on the way to school because it got too late to walk to school. Taryn was out-of-sorts as well and stomped away from me without saying goodbye. *sigh* I shudder to think what 13 and 15 will be like. I can only hope that they will be making a stronger form of Prozac by then and it will be available in an auto-injection belt like insulin for diabetics.
Even now, as the older is at school (sorry, Ms. Borgmann) the younger is flailing Barbies around in frustration because the tiny clothes won't slide on correctly and the tiny matching shoe is missing for Princess Annelise. Please, oh please, can't we just have a few Matchbox cars and a homemade cardboard ramp and call it good?
I love my girls. I really do. And I know that parenting isn't for the faint of heart. I just wish that my energy level would keep up with the ever-changing demands. Food for thought. Better living thru chemistry. Stop the world, I want to get off. And now I'm just babbling....
Gonna suck it up and help with those @#%$ Barbie clothes. Ciao!
2 comments:
I feel your pain. I really do.
I will say, though, Elijah knocked over a display at Ben Franklin yesterday, and then ran in front of a moving vehicle 10 minutes later.
As a mother of one of each, I cannot discern a difference in the difficulties of either. Love the idea of the Prozac pump, though. I'm with ya, sistah!
Post a Comment