Friday, April 21, 2006

Tiptoe....


Or risk being yelled at by the Tulip Police. Which happened to us a couple of times... but the shots are so great when the kids are out in the middle of the rows. I couldn't help but bend the rules a bit.

We're so blessed to live 2 hours away from this miraculous site near Mt. Vernon, Washington. As you drive along the country roads, you suddenly see a field ablaze with red, yellow, or purple. It seems surreal that the earth would be painted with such vivid color. It really is one of the coolest things about Springtime!

All photos taken with Canon Digital Rebel - mostly with 50mm lens - in Creative Mode with white balance set to Sunny. I tried to give myself a crash course from Brian Peterson's "Understanding Exposure" - and discovered that I definitely haven't mastered the A-DEP manual focus exercises yet! Oh well...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty!! Great shots, Cat! And great job trying out new stuff with your camera! :)

Owl at Home said...

OMG what gorgeous shots!! I'd risk the tulip police too. I'd love to see how you scrap these!

Anonymous said...

wwwooooowww.....oh my God those are just beautiful! Thanks for this! What a beautiful sight.

Anonymous said...

Good job, hon! Liking the results from the lens. Who is the guy with Riley? Wow! (ha ha ha)

Melissa said...

WOW love those pictures!! I am extreemly jealous, going to see the tulips festivalt is on my '100 things to do before I die" list. ;)

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh! I cannot even believe those tulips! So gorgeous. I'm with you with trying to learn the whole digi Rebel XT thing. I think I'll be practicing for a loooooong time before I'm confident!

Rachel said...

Wow! You got some gorgeous shots there, Cat! :) We missed out on our Tulip Festival this year.

Jojo* said...

So Beautiful! Luv all the pictures!


Jojo*

Anonymous said...

YOur photos are incredible! Love them :)

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are GORGEOUS! We went to La Conner last month and got photos with the daffodils. Such a beautiful setting. Can't wait to see your layouts.

Susan in MD

Anonymous said...

Drop dead GORGEOUS! Wow! Wowie wow wow wow! (Spoken ala The Continental) Great shots, Cat!