There are many things I love about where we live. One of the few things that I do NOT love is how windy it can get sometimes. Today is one of those house-rattling, gate-banging, door-slamming days... last year during one of our windstorms, our barbecue was actually picked up by the wind and unceremoniously dumped on its side on the lawn - 10 feet away.
Toto-we're-not-in-Kansas-anymore-kind-of-windy.
On the plus side... Riley now has a favorite Beatle. Ringo. I'm sure it's more to do with the name being funny than any astute percussive evaluation. But, I'll take it. They actually ASK to listen to the Beatles in the car now. I'm SO proud. If they inherit nothing else of my exceptional qualities... at the very least they seem to have inherited some old fashioned common sense when it comes to admiring the greatest musical talents of our time.
Next week, we'll work on ix-naying Barney and The Wiggles from their vocabulary. :-)
Happy Winds-Day...
2 comments:
Hope you guys survived...that was a pretty bad storm.
As far as ix-naying Barney and the Wiggles...good luck with that. If you find something that works, let me know. ;)
I hope they also inherit your ability to string words together, like "acute percussive evaluation" Verbose is vergreat!
Post a Comment